Email marketing is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using email. It usually involves using email to send ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness and if you are in sales you most likely are using some form of email communication.
Email marketing can be done to either a purchased email list or a current customer database.
Broadly, the term is usually used to refer to sending email messages with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers, to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business, acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately.
Email marketing can be carried out through different types of emails. The primary type is transactional emails, which are usually triggered based on customer’s action with a company. The prime purpose of this email is to convey the information regarding the action plan. This way they get an opportunity to engage customers: to introduce or extend the email relationship with customers or subscribers, to anticipate and answer questions or to cross-sell or up-sell products or services.
Benefits of Email Marketing:
- Reduced Time and Effort: It’s easy and effective to send marketing information with less time and effort.
- Realtime Messages: You can send/update everyone with the latest changes and things happened within a short amount of time and with less burden.
- It is exponentially better in tracking the sales and also the user engagement when needed.
- With this, we can target different audiences and also get their responses quickly.
- Cost Effectiveness. Email Marketing has proven very cost effective.
- You can easily integrate your social media icons within emails to allow social sharing to be part of your email strategy, thus helping to further spread the visibility of your campaign.
Email marketing campaigns are comprised of many moving pieces. By following a few simple best practice rules including plan development, setting next steps, and knowing your analytics you have the recipe for a successful and measurable email marketing campaign.
To conclude on with this when done right, email marketing data and social data can be used to create high value and personalized messaging. This is sure to provide your company with great ROI and prove the potential still held by email campaigns.
Get started with email marketing;